SAO PAUO – German business newspaper Handelsblatt is reporting Volkswagen do Brasil Ltda. President Hans-Christian Maergner as saying Brazil is becoming less important to the auto maker’s global strategy, and some plants may be closed. VW Gol is best-selling export vehicle. Losses from Brazilian operations weighed down parent company Volkswagen AG’s balance sheet last year. VW Brazil sold 264,385 vehicles in 2003, 16.8% less than prior-year. Maergner, in the report, makes clear VW ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Brazil May Close Plants, Relocate Export Hub, Report Says" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.