SAO PAULO –Volkswagen AG's Brazilian division says it may close its largest factory near here if it cannot reach an agreement with its labor unions over proposed layoffs. The auto maker says it will consider closing its Anchieta plant if no agreement is reached this week. It is planning to fire 3,600 workers out of a total 12,400 employees at the facility over the next two years as part of a restructuring plan. Volkswagen do Brasil Ltda. is one of many domestic auto makers hard hit by ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Brazil Threatens to Close Factory" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.