Volkswagen AG reportedly plans to make its Touran multipurpose vehicle at its joint venture in Shanghai with Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp. as part of its plan to increase annual production capacity there. The venture will raise its capacity to 700,000 cars annually by 2007, reports say. Yearly capacity at Shanghai Volkswagen currently is 400,000 units. The Shanghai venture builds Santana, Passat, Polo and Gol cars. firstname.lastname@example.org
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW to Build Touran in China" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.