BRATISLAVA, Slovakia – Volkswagen Slovakia a.s. phases out assembly of the Skoda Octavia at its plant here. Almost 47,000 Octavias were assembled in Slovakia since March 2008. The largest markets for the Slovak-produced vehicle were Poland, Romania and Germany. When Skoda Auto a.s. and parent auto maker Volkswagen AG began preparations for the Slovak Octavia assembly in pre-financial-crisis times, production at all three of Skoda’s plants in Czech Republic were at capacity. However, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Builds Last Skoda Octavia in Slovakia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.