Volkswagen AG says it plans to build light-commercial vehicles in China to counter its falling market share due to stiff competition. The German auto maker also will produce engines and components. The company says it will produce the VW Multivan and Caravelle light trucks in China with longtime partner First Auto Works, but does not specify a timeframe, Reuters reports. VW’s Chinese subsidiary, VW Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp., also has signed an agreement with FAW to form a joint ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW China to Build Light Trucks; Signs Engine, Components JVs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.