Volkswagen AG’s supervisory board is expected to decide Monday where it will locate its first assembly plant in the U.S. since the German auto maker shuttered a facility in Pennsylvania 20 years ago. Jill Bratina, a spokeswoman for Volkswagen of America Inc., confirms the board will meet July 14 and a decision regarding the plant is on its agenda. “A decision will come afterwards,” she says, while declining to offer a more specific timeline. Volkswagen has narrowed a location for the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Close to Decision on Site of New U.S. Assembly Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.