SHANGHAI — Volkswagen AG, the largest foreign player in China's auto market, is considering increasing its presence here. The automaker reportedly wants to buy out its state-owned Chinese partners in their jointly owned automotive projects once China enters the World Trade Organization (WTO). Erich Schmitt, an Audi AG board member and in charge of VW's China operations, says in a published report that the automaker will talk to its partners about such an option after it becomes feasible ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW considers buyout of Chinese partners" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.