FRANKFURT – Volkswagen AG plans to consolidate Jetta/Bora car production worldwide at its Volkswagen de Mexico S.A. de C.V. plant in Puebla, Mexico, to utilize unused capacity due to slow Beetle sales in the U.S., Ward’s learns. Volkswagen to consolidate Jetta/Bora production in Mexico. And the German auto maker may take it one step further, and add assembly of the new Golf for the North American market, top executives confirm. Puebla currently produces Jettas and new ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW to Consolidate Jetta, Bora Production in Mexico; Maybe Add Golf" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.