Volkswagen AG says it will extend warranties for up to 10 years on several of its European models due to the potential for engine failure. The affected models include the Volkswagen Lupo, Polo and Golf, as well as some SEAT- and Skoda-brand vehicles, powered by either 1.0L or 1.4L engines and built after 1997. VW extends warranty in Europe due to faulty oil lines. VW says extremely low temperatures could cause condensation in the oil line, which could freeze and prevent the oil ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Covers Models Affected By Frozen Oil Lines" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.