Volkswagen AG says it will delay the launch and change the overall business case of its long-awaited Microbus. The auto maker says it plans to modify the design from its original concept, which debuted in 2001, to take advantage of increased synergies throughout the VW Group while better appealing to global market demands. Volkswagen Microbus Originally, the Microbus was to launch at VW’s Hanover, Germany, plant in 2006. That now is being delayed until 2007 as the overall business ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Delays Microbus Launch" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.