SAO PAULO – Volkswagen AG plans to spend $400 million over the next five years on its truck and bus factory located in Resende, Rio de Janeiro state, doubling its investment since the plant opened in 1996. The investment is targeted at equipment, personnel training and development of new products, says Bernd Wiedemann, president of VW’s commercial vehicles division, on a recent visit to Brazil. Weidemann says Volkswagen expects the facility, currently employing 1,850 workers, to increase ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW to Double Investment in Resende Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.