Volkswagen AG plans to double production of its V-10 TDi turbodiesel offered in its new Phaeton luxury car and Touareg SUV. Suppliers say they have been asked to double their output of parts for the V-10. V-10 diesel is available in Touareg SUV (above) and Phaeton luxury sedan. Original projections called for about 10% of the vehicles – or 7,500 units per year – to use the big diesel that makes 313 hp and 553 lbs.-ft. of (750 Nm) of torque. However, the V-10 has been well ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW to Double V-10 Diesel Output" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.