BRATISLAVA — When Volkswagen AG announced that the new Colorado sport/utility vehicle would be built exclusively in the Slovak capital city of Bratislava, the country's sole car plant — Volkswagen Slovakia a.s., along with the local growing supplier industry, were thrust into the international limelight. Only a few people believed things would take such a positive turn when the first Passat models were assembled at the plant in December 1992. The plant now builds the Golf and Bora and is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW drives Slovak auto industry with new SUV" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.