VIENNA – Volkswagen AG has decided against producing its low-cost Up! Minicar at its Skoda Auto a.s. unit in the Czech Republic. Skoda’s Vrchlabi plant, which builds two Octavia generations, the first-generation Octavia Tour and second-generation Octavia, was considered to be the most likely production location for the Up! Volkswagen says the risk of possible currency swings is the reason for the decision. The strong Czech koruna currently hurts profitability of Skoda’s exports. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Drops Plan to Produce Up! Minicar in Czech Republic" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.