DETROIT – Volkswagen AG says it will work with its suppliers to stave off soaring prices for raw materials, most notably steel. The German auto maker says the steep increases in raw-material prices are forcing some suppliers to teeter on the brink of bankruptcy, and it wants to help by bundling purchases among its Tier 2 and Tier 3 parts makers. “Our suppliers…are not protected, despite the fact that they hold contracts with us that assure a determined fixed price (for their completed ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Extends Helping Hand to Suppliers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.