Volkswagen of America Inc. is targeting sales of 100,000 Passats in calendar 2001, a 25% gain from the 80,000 units sold in 2000. VWA is launching the revamped Passat as an '01-1/2 model. A virtually identical '02 version will roll out in September. The redo takes the car upscale with a more refined look, an improved ride and a 20-hp boost for its base 4-cyl. engine (now rated at 170 hp). The car also gets six air bags, including side curtains. Prices start at $21,750, up $300 from ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Eyes 25% Growth in Passat Sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.