With skyrocketing demand that will propel Volkswagen of America Inc. U.S./Canada sales to more than 470,000 units this year, VWA Chairman Gerd Klaus predicts the importer will near its all-time annual record of 569,696 units in 1970 by the end of 2002. That's when Volkswagen AG Chairman Ferdinand Piech is scheduled to retire — and one of his goals was to reestablish the brand as a high-volume seller in North America before he left office. Mr. Klaus says VW deliveries are up 17% this ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Forecasts Near-Record Sales by '02" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.