PHOENIX – Volkswagen AG says it will make a final decision on producing the next-generation Golf at its Puebla, Mexico, plant within the next two weeks. Weak demand for the Golf in Europe could delay or hamper the decision to build the vehicle in Mexico, say sources on hand here for the U.S. rollout of the current-generation Golf R32. Volkswagen Golf The Puebla plant will cease production of the ’04 Jetta/Bora in July, with production of the next-generation Jetta/Bora ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Golf Mexico Decision Imminent" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.