VIENNA –OOO Volkswagen Group Rus’s plant in Kaluga, about 112 miles (180 km) southwest of Moscow, officially begins complete-knocked-down assembly of Skoda Octavia and Volkswagen Tiguan vehicles. The plant will add CKD assembly of three additional cars in the future, including the Skoda Fabia, VW Passat and, in May 2010, a sedan based on the new VW Polo specially adapted for the Russian market. The sedan is expected to start at about RR440,000 ($15,000), based on current prices. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Inaugurates Russian CKD Assembly of Tiguan, Skoda Octavia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.