CHENNAI, India – Volkswagen AG is proceeding with plans to establish an Indian subsidiary, starting with the building of a bus plant in Tamil Nadu, where Hyundai Motor India Ltd., Ford India Ltd. and Hindustan Motors Ltd.-Mitsubishi Motor Corp. plants are located. A greenfield car plant in the special economic zone of Visakhapatnam, a modern port town in the state of Andhra Pradesh, Southeastern India, will follow later. (See related story: Volkswagen Studies India Manufacturing Project) ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW India Buses to Roll Before Cars" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.