MUMBAI – Contrary to expectations, Volkswagen AG once again has put on hold its India plans. Feasibility has been established, models have been identified and production sites have been selected. But tough times in Europe and the U.S. and good times in China proved decisive in postponing the Indian initiative. (See related story: Volkswagen Studies India Manufacturing Project) Segment shifts in the Indian market and the positioning of the Skoda brand here have dissuaded the VW board of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW India Plans Stall as Skoda Thrives" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.