VIENNA –Volkswagen AG signs a deal with PT Indomobil Sukses Internasional Tbk to assemble cars in Indonesia. Assembly of the VW Touran multipurpose vehicle from semi-knocked-down kits will start this summer at Indomobil. Volkswagen plans to assemble several hundred Tourans this year, with plans to increase future output. “In a further step, CKD (complete-knocked-down) production of (Volkswagen) Group vehicles from 2012 is conceivable,” the German auto maker says in a prepared statement. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Inks Indonesian Assembly Deal" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.