Negotiations with Volkswagen AG are continuing, and VW is interested in taking a stake in the Malaysian auto maker, says Proton Holdings Bhd’s Chairman Azlan Hashim, at the national car maker’s annual meeting. There are no talks with other companies, he says. VW and Proton signed a cooperation agreement last October, with plans calling for the launch of local assembly of two VW models in Malaysia by the end of 2005. They include a version of the Brazilian-made Fox and a Passat-based car. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Interested in Taking Stake in Malaysian Auto Maker, Proton Says" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.