ALTON, VA – With Volkswagen Group of America Inc. returning to the U.S. motorsports community via the Sports Car Club of America Pro Racing Inc.-sanctioned Jetta TDI Cup, the auto maker demonstrates a unique sense of goodwill toward both the environment and up-and-coming young racers. Designed to strengthen the VW brand by promoting its new TDI clean-diesel vehicles, the 7-race series puts 30 amateur drivers aged 16 to 26 behind the wheel of identically prepared ’09 Jetta TDI sedans. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Jetta TDI Cup Grooms Young Racers, Strengthens Brand Image" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.