Volkswagen AG, to now the most energetic proponent of the new generation of diesel engines that is taking Europe by storm, has issued its latest trump card: a 150-hp version of its trendsetting 1.9L TDI direct-injection turbodiesel 4-cyl. that now is in production in Europe. In addition to a specific output of 79 hp/L — a stunning figure for a diesel engine — the latest incarnation of the TDI churns out 231 lb.-ft. (313 Nm) of torque. To find that kind of twist-power in the gasoline-engine ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW launches 79 hp/L TDI diesel" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.