Volkswagen AG and its Chinese joint venture partners – Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp. and First Automotive Works – inaugurate their new gearbox plant in Shanghai. The facility, Volkswagen Transmission (Shanghai) Co. Ltd., will produce 5-speed gearboxes for use in the Volkswagen Bora and Polo models built in China. VW says the plant marks an investment of €120 million ($130 million) and will have an annual capacity of 180,000 gearboxes during its initial launch phase. Output will hit ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Launches China Gearbox Production" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.