CANBERRA – Volkswagen Group Australia releases its new fifth-generation Golf hatchback in Australia, with prices starting at A$25,490 ($18,468). VW Australia is offering the Golf V with a choice of four engines, including optional diesels for the first time since 1996. New Golf bows in Australia. The engine lineup consists of the new 2.0L FSI gasoline 4-cyl. and 1.9L and 2.0L TDI turbocharged diesels, plus the carry-over, entry-level 1.6L gasoline 4-cyl. Depending on the model, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Launches New Golf in Australia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.