After at least two decades of gestation, the promising dual-clutch automatic layshaft gearbox finally has surfaced in production. Taken through the development and refinement stage by partner BorgWarner Inc., the innovative Direct Shift Gearbox (DSG) has been adopted by Volkswagen AG and Audi AG for their new high-performance cars. It is a 6-speed manual transmission, but it can be shifted manually or used like an automatic, where gearshifting is automated. Click to View ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Launches Radical Dual-Clutch Automated Manual Transmission" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.