DRESDEN — Volkswagen AG will build its 450-hp W-12 VW-brand luxury car in a factory now under construction in the center of this eastern German city. Production will begin in January 2001. The automaker plans to rely on suppliers for modules and its own Golf factory in Mosel for painted bodies. Production costs are expected to be 30% less than in other German factories, a company official says. Some 800 workers at the factory will do final assembly under the eyes of buyers and visitors. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW luxury factory to start production in 2001" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642