Volkswagen AG is shifting production of its ubiquitous Santana car to the city of Yizheng in the Chinese province of Jiangsu. VW will be moving production to 50/50 joint-venture partner Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp.’s existing plant in Yizheng, but an SAIC official tells Bloomberg News VW may build its own plant there. It will be VW’s third auto assembly location in China and will open up space at VW and SAIC’s Shanghai plant, which currently produces the Santana. Shanghai will ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Moving Santana to Yizheng" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.