Volkswagen AG says it is pessimistic about the rest of 2004 following a weak second quarter in which profits tumbled 9.4% to €357 million ($432.7 million). Total revenues rose 8.4% to €24 billion ($29.1 billion), as overall vehicle sales for all VW brands (VW, Audi, SEAT, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Skoda, Bentley) jumped 5.9% to 1.37 million units during the quarter. Through the first six months, vehicle sales are running 5.2% ahead of year-ago’s pace at 2.6 million units. VW blames most of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Outlook Bleak Following Weak Q2" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.