DRESDEN, Germany â Volkswagen of America Inc. officials fought for the larger, more powerful version of the all-new VW Phaeton luxury sedan for the U.S. market and won. The next fight is to convince buyers they should pay for a high-luxury sedan with a VW badge on it. Job One for American executives was convincing Volkswagen AG not to send short-wheelbase, V-6 powered offerings across the ocean, which was the plan three years ago, concedes Ken Moriarty, VWA head of corporate strategy. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Phaetonâs Road to North America" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.