Volkswagen of America Inc. is planning to carve out a bigger slice of the mid-size car market, says Ken Moriarity, vice president-marketing. Mr. Moriarity says new models for the mid-size and large car segments will give VWA the ability to challenge American Honda Motor Co. Inc. and Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc. for sales leadership in the mid-size segment. “My feeling is that Volkswagen can eventually take market share away from Honda and Toyota,” Mr. Moriarity says. He points out that ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Plans Bigger Slice of Mid-Size Market" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.