SAO PAULO – Some components of the VW Polo produced here soon will be exported to such far-flung destinations as Spain, China and Slovakia. Domestic suppliers such as Kautex, which produces fuel tanks, and Rutgers, which produces the grille and front fascia for the Polo, recently have signed contracts to export parts to Asia and Europe. The Polo was launched in Brazil this month with 72% local content. That figure will rise to 90% in the next six months, says Stefan Ketter, quality ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Polo Components to be Exported" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642