LONDON -- With Germany already reaching the 40% penetration rate for diesel-powered passenger cars, Volkswagen AG is advancing the growing acceptance of compression-ignition into the luxury sector with its mighty 5L DOHC V-I0 TDI, currently the most powerful passenger-vehicle in the world. Destined for the upcoming VW flagship Concept D high-performance sedan, which will be launched at the Geneva motor show in March, the V-10 turbodiesel develops 313 hp at 4,000 rpm and a massive torque ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Prepares V10 Diesel for Flagship Sedan, SUV" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.