Volkswagen AG confirms that its production chief, Folker Weissgerber, will leave the auto maker at the end of June. Weissgerber will not be replaced and his responsibilities will be distributed to the group’s individual brands, a VW spokesman says. The Financial Times Deutschland says Weissgerber is the latest casualty of a senior management clearout by CEO Bernd Pischetsrieder.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Production Chief to Quit" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.