Workers at Volkswagen AG’s Puebla, Mexico, plant will ask for a 10.2% raise in salary and 4% benefit increase before the current union contract expires in August. Some 11,450 Puebla workers decided on the increase request over the weekend. Workers at the plant, which makes the New Beetle, Jetta, Golf and Cabrio models, have gone on strike numerous times in the past two years, including last year when a 19-day walkout by workers resulted in a 10.2% salary hike and 4.5% increase in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Puebla Workers to Ask for 10.2% Pay Hike" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.