The German auto giant Volkswagen AG is discreetly entering the powerboat market as a supplier of marine engines. Although VW has for some time supplied “base” engines that are converted for marine application by outside specialists, the relatively new VW Marine unit is an own-brand breakaway for VW. U.S. sales of sea-going versions of VW’s direct-injection turbodiesels are seen as promising, though the U.S. launch awaits the creation of a dedicated sales and service network in 2005. That ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Quietly Becomes Builder of Marine Engines" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.