ATHENS â€“ Volkswagen of America Inc. is confident that next monthâ€™s exclusive return of the Volkswagen Rabbit will help the German brand maintain its strong sales pace. The Rabbit, which replaced the since-revived Beetle, returns to North America after a 26-year hiatus. During that time, the small car has been marketed as the Golf, the name by which the car continues to be sold everywhere else in the world. The Golf badge never resonated in the U.S. market, evidenced by market research ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Rabbitâ€™s Return Highlights VW Sales Hike" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.