Volkswagen AG is surging ahead in the horsepower race in its quest for a place in the premium-vehicle market alongside the likes of German rivals Mercedes-Benz AG and BMW AG. Now on the starting grid is an upgraded W-8 engine for a range-topping Passat and a massive W-16 for a new, future Bugatti. Both are derived from VW's compact VR (German acronym for “vee in-line”) design, where two staggered cylinder banks are separated by a narrow 15-degree “vee” angle — delivering a possible ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW ready with W-8, shows 1,000-hp W-16" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.