Volkswagen of America Inc. is calling back ’98-’01 New Beetles in the U.S. for a possible problem with the vehicle’s brake light switch. VWA says the switch could cause the brake lights to either not function or stay on during driving or while the car is parked. VW estimates 269,151 vehicles are affected. VW also says it will recall its new ’04 Touareg SUV to inspect the routing of a wire for the tire pressure monitoring system. Only 620 vehicles are affected.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Recalls New Beetle, Touareg" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.