VIENNA – Volkswagen AG plans to produce a version of the Brazilian-made Fox and a Passat-based car with Malaysia’s Proton Holdings Bhd, a subsidiary of Perusahaan Otomobil Nasional Bhd. VW also is mulling production of an emerging-markets small car for Malaysia, VW Chairman Bernd Pischetsrieder says in an interview with the German weekly magazine Focus. Version of the Passat expected to go into production at Proton. In addition to the Fox and Passat-based models, the third vehicle ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Reportedly Eyes Emerging-Markets Car With Proton" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.