SAO PAULO – Volkswagen AG plans to export 5,000 units to Argentina, 50% of them Golf models. VW’s assembly plant in greater Buenos Aires currently only is producing the Polo Classic. Owing to a drop in domestic sales, VW is exporting more vehicles to offset its reduced market share in Brazil. “Aside from contracts with China, we are resuming sales of the Volkswagen Gol to Argentina and trying to sell the Polo Sedan to South Africa and the Middle East,” says Leonardo Soloaga, export ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Resumes Exports to Argentina" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.