Every auto maker likes to tout the environmental friendliness of its new plants, but leave it to Volkswagen Group of America Inc. to brag that the lights for its parking lot not only are energy efficient, but less ‚Äúirritating‚ÄĚ to bugs. ‚ÄúYou should know Volkswagen loves beetles,‚ÄĚ quips spokesman Guenther Scherelis. But behind the jokes is a massive effort to minimize the impact the auto maker‚Äôs new $1 billion assembly plant has on the air, water and surrounding environment 12 miles (19 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW‚Äôs New Tennessee Plant So Green, It‚Äôs White" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.