DETROIT -- Volkswagen AG’s North American chief says the company’s Audi brand needs to add a true SUV to its product stable in the coming years. He says a new Audi could be based on VW’s upcoming Taureg SUV, which hits U.S. shores in 2003. “Obviously, Audi would eventually need an SUV,” Jens Neumann, VW management board member in charge of North America tells Ward’s. He says the Audi Avantissimo concept shown at the North American International Auto Show here is one possibility for a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Says Audi Needs A New SUV" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.