Volkswagen AG reportedly introduces its plan to restructure and rejuvenate its operations in China by cutting production, procurement costs and adding as many as 12 new models designed specifically for the market. Dubbed the Olympic Program because it runs until 2008, the year China hosts the summer Olympic Games, the plan aims to cut cost by increasing sourcing within China and encouraging its joint-venture partners FAW Group Corp. and Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp. to pursue joint ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Sets Restructuring Goals in China" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.