Volkswagen AG’s diesel lineup dominates the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) list of the most fuel efficient vehicles, but brings up the rear for overall environmental performance. Volkswagen places eight of its diesel vehicles among the 14 honored for highest fuel economy. But the EPA’s Green Vehicle Guide, determined by combining fuel economy and emission levels, shows four VW diesels among its poorest performers. With 42 mpg city and 50 mpg highway, the diesel-powered, manual ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW Shows Jekyll-and-Hyde Personality" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.