Volkswagen AG and SiemensVDO officially open their joint venture diesel unit-injector plant in Stollberg, Germany, with an initial capacity of 2 million injectors annually. VW CEO Bernd Pischetsrieder, who attended the opening ceremonies alongside German political figures, says that such technologies "play a crucial role in our competitive strength." Investment in the 50-50 joint venture, called Volkswagen Mechatronics GmbH, totaled E270 million ($352 million), and the 177,606-sq.-ft. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW, SiemensVDO Christen New Injector JV Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.