JOHANNESBURG, South Africa – Volkswagen South Africa begins construction of a new $116 million paint shop at its assembly plant in Uitenhage. The new paint shop is part of the parent Volkswagen AG’s $311 million investment in South Africa over the next three years and is in addition to the $320 million Volkswagen already has spent in the last five years on the new plant and new model introductions. VW Golf is built in South Africa. Volkswagen SA Managing Director Andreas Tostmann ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW South Africa Production Plant to Add Paint Shop" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.