Volkswagen South Africa has won an export contract that could bring it 4 billion rand ($638 million) in annually revenue, the company says in a Reuters report. The deal is one of a series of export contracts awarded to foreign auto makers in South Africa to benefit the government’s motor industry development program, which seeks to turn the country into an export base for high-quality auto products. VWSA says it expects to export about 2,300 new Golf models a month to the Asia/Pacific ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"VW South Africa Wins Export Deal" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.